Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Bound for Firenze


So I'm leaving for Florence, Italy on Sept.29 to go to the Michelangelo Art School. The school offers apartments and they emailed some photos... all the apartments look tiny, but you know, I'm gonna try to stay mellow about this trip and adopt the Italian attitude, "everything will work out in the end."

The art courses will focus on classical painting technique and the studio will be available after class if I want to continue painting (they also have art history and language course). The school is located in the heart of the city near the Duomo in a 17th century building and the apartments are within walking distance to the school. For those of you who have been to Florence you know that Firenze is a "walking" city. You can get to most anywhere using your feet.

2 comments:

  1. Thinking about you Mace!! and I know everything will be just right!! Can't wait to see all your fabulous Italian inspired creations upon your return. Don and I can't wait to go back to Italy. I LOVE it!!

    Chao!!!

    Hugs,
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heh Macey - It's time for you to load up a picture of your new digs!

    ReplyDelete